My name is Michael and I’m very much interested in helping people develop a more conscious experience of themselves and others, heal through the difficulties that are blocking their growth and integrate the different dimensions of being human. I endeavour to do this through different forms of psychological therapy, coaching, workshops and trainings. Originally from Malta, I have lived in 6 different countries and have been actively pursuing my personal and professional development for over 25 years.
I’m a highly experienced and qualified Psychotherapist & EMDR Therapist, Coach (ICF-qualified), Mentor, Supervisor, Somatic Sexuality Practitioner, Educator and Trainer. I’m a licensed Psychotherapist in Malta and I hold specialisations in working both with trauma and with sexual and gender diversity. Throughout my professional experience, I’ve had the opportunity to work with different client groups and in different mental health sectors, including a management post at London Fire Brigade. I’ve also lectured, tutored and supervised on Master’s degree programmes. I continue to further my professional development through various courses and studies from an integrated and holistic perspective.
Apart from offering psychotherapy and EMDR therapy, coaching and supervision in my private practice which I have been running for over 12 years, I deliver workshops and trainings to organisations and professional groups. I also organise courses and retreats focusing on personal growth, embodiment and mindfulness. In 2019 I set up Orange Bodies where I run workshops focused on deepening the connection with sexuality and the body.
I am the author of the self-development journaling book entitled ‘Living Better with Yourself: A Practical Guide to Embodied Growth’. The book is intended to be used either as a stand-alone self-help journal or as an accompanying resource during your therapeutic or coaching journey undertaken with a professional. It’s available from all major online stores in both paperback and e-Book formats. You can read more about the book or order a copy of it here.
For our sessions, you can speak in English, Maltese, Italian or French. I also have a basic understanding of Spanish. However, it’s important that you have an understanding of English as this is the language I primarily work in.
Qualifications and training
- M.Sc. in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy (Derby, UK)
- M.A. in Supervision in Counselling and Psychotherapy (London, UK)
- Diploma in Integrative Coaching (London, UK)
- Diploma in Philosophy (Paris, France)
- Certificate in Psychology (Staffordshire, UK)
- Bachelor’s degree in Education with Honours (Malta)
- Somatic Sexuality Specialist training (Barcelona, Spain)
- EMDR training (London, UK)
- Introduction to queer studies (Malta)
- Sexual Minority Therapy training (London, UK)
- Leadership and Management training
- Risk assessment and management training
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
- Mindfulness teacher certification
- Private practice as Psychotherapist, EMDR Therapist, Coach, Mentor and Supervisor
- Senior Counsellor at London Fire Brigade (London, UK)
- Counsellor at Malta College of Arts, Science and Technology (Malta)
- Training supervisor and tutor on the MA in Advanced Clinical Practice at the Minster Centre (London, UK)
- Guest lecturer on Master’s degree programmes in psychology and family therapy (Malta)
- Developer and facilitator of different workshops and trainings on subjects related to mental wellbeing and sexuality with various organisations and professional groups
- Personal and Social Development teacher & Guidance and Career Advisor (Malta)
- Detention Outreach Co-ordinator (London, UK)
- Homeless shelter team member (Genova, Italy)
- Biology, Chemistry and Science teacher (Malta)